This section of The Edinburgh Blog is devoted to buying property in Edinburgh. It aims to offer first hand accounts of the property process, helpful advice, links and general information to help property buyers in Edinburgh. It will only succeed with the contribution of others. If you are able to help provide content or would like to suggest changes please e-mail mailXtheedinburghblog.co.uk, where X is @. This area of the site is very much in its infancy so please check back often. Also, please note that this information in no way constitutes any form of property or legal advice and no responsibility is accepted for the inaccuracy of any information.
Buying property in Edinburgh first-hand accounts
Here persons who have purchased property in Edinburgh or who are in the process of buying property share their accounts of the property buying process through this blog.
Edinburgh property links - general
- ESPC.com. Over 90% of property in Edinburgh is sold through the Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre. The site carries property listings and PDF guides - all fully searchable. New properties are added every Tuesday.
- Net House Prices. Free house price information so if you’re interested in a particular street/area you can see how much money the properties went for.
- Charcol Online. Aggregates mortgage deals from several lenders and also contains advice on the property buying process. Useful for comparing rates.
- Money Supermarket. Heavyweight money advice and aggregation service - very useful for comparing rates from different lenders and searching based on requirements.
- Edinburgh council page on Homes. Get some Edinburgh specific info on home ownership and try to make sense of tenement repairs.
- Home and community section from Directgov. Useful information for living in your own home e.g. how to choose traders, building regulations.